Unmanned Aircraft Systems Safety Management System (UASSMS): Online
CAA Personnel ($200.00)
To obtain the CAA Personnel price, please contact email@example.com to validate your identity and receive a discount code.
Receive a 10% discount on this course once you proceed to checkout.
This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Valid until 31 December 2021.
Unmanned aviation affords States unique opportunities, from the delivery of life-saving materials and monitoring wildlife, to supporting disaster management, inspect infrastructure and much more. The rapid advancement of technologies surrounding unmanned aviation presents unique challenges to assure safe operations. The course begins with a clear introduction about safety and the value of including a Safety Management System (SMS). The course also outlines instructions and guidance material for developing and executing an SMS for UAS operators. You will analyze this material, learn about examples from the industry and consider expert advice to gain a thorough understanding of SMS for UAS operations.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the importance of safety generally and the types of UAS operations for which an SMS is a requirement
- Describe the 4 components of an SMS
- Reflect on operator and regulator approaches to safety culture
- Outline how to develop and execute an SMS for UAS operators
- Apply safety management strategies regarding hazards for the transport of dangerous goods by UA
The course has the following modules:
- Course Introduction
- Module 1: SMS - Overview
- Module 2: SMS - Components
- Module 3: Case Study - Safety Culture
- Module 4: Guidance for Small UAS Operators
- Module 5: Application - Transport of Dangerous Goods
- Course Summary
- Addendum: Thinking about SMS
- Key Terms, Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Resource Materials
Primary Target Population
Civil Aviation Authorities, Member States, and other aviation industry professionals involved in policy development, regulations, safety, and operations
|Course duration||1 day|
|Training area||Flight Safety and Safety Management|