Personnel Licensing System (PELS)
This course provides Personnel Licensing Officers with essential knowledge, skills and attitudes required to establish and manage an effective personnel licensing system in accordance with the ICAO Annex 1 and relevant guidance material.
After successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe procedures for the issuance of flight and non-flight crew licenses;
- Apply procedures for the issuance, validation and conversion of flight crew licenses;
- Apply procedures for the licensing of aircraft maintenance personnel;
- Apply procedures for the licensing of air traffic controllers;
- Determine the key elements and processes of an Approved Training Organization (ATO).
- Module 0: Introduction
- Module 1: Licensing of Flight Crew
- Module 2: Licensing of Non-Flight Crew
- Module 3: Conversion and Validation of Foreign Licenses
- Module 4: Medical Assessment
- Module 5: Approval and Surveillance of Training Organizations
- Module 6: Enforcement Policy and Procedures
This R-ITP addresses the large learning scope and needs of most staff involved in Personnel Licensing System and therefore there is no specific entry requirements except the ability to speak and write in the English language in order to enroll for the E-learning modules.
To attend the ITP-PEL classroom (Part Two), participants must complete all ITP PEL System Part One (E-learning) modules and have sufficient experience (minimum 2 years) in Personnel Licensing System in order to be able to work on technical processes addressed by the classroom course.
Primary Target Population:
The training is most beneficial for personnel licensing staff, technical and administrative staff supporting PEL Office in civil aviation organizations and safety inspectors overseeing the issuance of flight crew and non-flight crew licenses from civil aviation authorities.
|Training area||Flight Safety and Safety Management|
|Location of course delivery||Virtual|