Overview of Unmanned Aviation Fundamentals (OUAF): Online
CAA Personnel ($200)
Empowering Women in Aviation Price ($137.50)
For eligibility requirements, new and existing users must complete all fields in their account profile and the discount price will be automatically applied to their order. Promotion valid until 31 December 2021.
Receive a 10% discount on this course once you proceed to checkout.
This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Valid until 31 December 2021.
Course Access: Please note that your access to this course is limited to 3 months, starting from your registration date.
Note: The Overview of Unmanned Aviation Fundamentals course can be completed as a standalone, but it remains a prerequisite for attending the Unmanned Aviation Fundamentals in either Classroom or the Virtual Classroom format.
This interactive online course provides clear explanations of the differences between manned and unmanned aviation, operational and technical limitations of UA/UAS, RPA/RPAS, and other unmanned aviation operational aspects. This course also addresses the certification requirements and processes, State and CAA Safety Inspector’s roles and responsibility for oversight.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- identify differences between manned and unmanned aviation
- describe the scope of unmanned aviation
- introduce the operation-centric, risk-based approach and safety management system (SMS)
- explain performance-based, prescriptive, and competency-based regulations
- identify requirements for airworthiness
- explain remote pilot licensing
- describe UAS and RPAS operator certification
- explain equipment certification
- understand documentation requirements
- identify State responsibility for safety oversight
- define the roles of CAA Safety Inspectors in UAS safety oversight
- describe the CAA's oversight of UOC, UA Authorizations and ROCs
- explain how regulatory compliance may be achieved
- Course Introduction
- Unit 1 – Introduction to Unmanned Aviation
- Unit 2 - Certification Requirements and Processes for Unmanned Aviation
- Unit 3 - Oversight of Unmanned Aviation Activities
- Final Exam
|Course duration||2 hours|
|Target population||Civil Aviation Authorities, Member States, Aviation Industry Professionals|
|Training area||Flight Safety and Safety Management|