Manual of Aircraft Accident and Incident Investigation - Part I - Organization and Planning (Doc 9756 - Part I)
Notes for digital publications
|ICAO publications in digital format are protected by security features and require Adobe Reader. How to install Adobe Reader
- Files are in PDF format
- Annotations and copy and paste is permitted
- No editing of the original content is permitted
- Printing is not permitted
- Your access entitles you to updates of this edition for a period of 5 years
- Access is for a single user (contact us to purchase a multiple user licence)
- Your username and password to access the publication will be the same to access the ICAO online store
The purpose of this manual is to encourage the uniform application of the Standards and Recommended Practices contained in Annex 13 and to provide information and guidance to States on the procedures, practices and techniques that can be used in accident and incident investigations. It is issued in four parts and supersedes the Manual of Aircraft Accident Investigation (Doc 6920).
Part I of this manual has been revised and updated, and includes considerations for the establishment of an aircraft accident investigation authority in terms of its structure, legislation, funding and personnel. The planning of an investigation and the notification process for accidents and incidents are also addressed, as are the initial actions to be taken at an accident site, with particular emphasis on the safety of personnel. A directory of the accident investigation authorities in all States and their contact details are included.
|2nd Edition, 2015
|Volume or Part