Assistance to Aircraft Accident Victims and Their Families (AAAVF)
Prior to completing your online purchase on ICAO Store, participants must be registered to the course and your registration approved by ICAO. To complete your course registration click here.
This course will provide CAA representatives, other government officials, aircraft and airport operators and non-governmental organization with the competencies to effectively support aircraft accident victims and their family assistance efforts, in accordance with ICAO Policy on Assistance to Aircraft Accident Victims and their Families (Doc. 9998), and the ICAO Manual on Assistance to Aircraft Accident Victims and their Families (Doc 9973).
After successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the critical elements of effective and comprehensive aircraft accident victim and family assistance, based on fundamental concerns;
- Identify the role and responsibilities of the State of Occurrence, States having suffered fatalities or serious injuries to its citizens, the air operator, airport operators, third parties, and family associations in the family assistance response;
- Explain the tasks and response phases of a family assistance operation, from initial notification of an accident through to the conclusion of the investigation and into the post-investigation engagement with victims and family members;
- Apply strategies for effective communication with surviving victims and family members in large group settings;
- Appreciate the considerations in developing appropriate aircraft accident victim and family assistance legislation, regulations, policies, or plans.
- Module 0: Introduction
- Module 1: ICAO AAAVF Overview
- Module 2: AAAVF Providers: Roles and Responsibilities
- Module 3: Tasks and Response Phases
- Module 4: Information Management and Communications
- Module 5: Family Assistance Plan
- To be further coordinated.
Primary Target Population:
This course is recommended for CAA representatives, other government officials, aircraft and airport operators and third parties (e.g. NGOs, commercial companies) for aircraft accident family assistance.
|Training area||Air Navigation Services|
|Location of course delivery||Virtual|