Air Transport Regulation (ATR)
Course Access: Please note that your access to this course is limited to 3 months, starting from your registration date.
The Air Transport Regulation online course provides a general overview of the fundamentals of economic regulatory framework that are applicable to international air transport.
The Air Transport Regulation online course will help participants understand, interpret and apply the basic concepts and institutional considerations of international air transport economic regulation at the national, bilateral and multilateral levels.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the economic regulatory framework applicable to the air transport industry from the perspective of the policy maker, regulator and industry;
- Gain an overview of the major international legal instruments and roles of institutional players in domestic, regional and international aviation regulation;
- Interpret and apply fundamental concepts of the regulation and policy of international air transport;
- Contribute to the development of national air transport regulatory and policy instruments; and
- Ensure adherence to various international policy and regulatory frameworks in operating airlines and airports.
- Course Introduction
- Module 1: National Regulation
- Module 2: Bilateral Regulation
- Module 3: Multilateral Regulation
- Module 4: Market Access
- Part 1: Market Access
- Part 2: Air Cargo
- Module 5: Airline Ownership and Control
- Part 1: Airline Ownership and Control
- Part 2: Non-Scheduled Air Service
- Module 6: Economic Oversight of Airports
- Final Exam
The Final Exam consists of 25 multiple-choice questions. You require a grade of 80% to pass, and you are allowed 3 attempts. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive ICAO’s e-Certificate.
Primary Target Population
This course caters to professionals working in related field of air transport regulation within government and civil aviation authorities; air service negotiators; airline and airport officers and managers with the function of government and regulatory affairs; labour representatives; representatives of international organizations; professionals involved in aviation financing, tourism development and trade; academia; communications media practitioner; and air transport consultants.
Secondary Target Population
This course will be useful for professionals in their early career development in the air transport industry or government civil aviation regulatory agencies.
|Training area||Air Transport|