Air Transport Economics for Airport Professionals
Course Access: Please note that your access to this course is limited to 3 months, starting from your registration date.
The Air Transport Economics for Airport Professionals Online Course (7h) will provide an understanding of the fundamental principles of air transport economics and practical guidance to airport administration and operations from the economic perspective in order to assist in the efficient management of airports.
This Air Transport Economics for Airport Professionals Online Course will provide an understanding of the fundamental principles of air transport economics, and practical guidance to airport administration and operations in order to assist in the efficient economic and financial management of airports.
Upon completion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of air cargo services, non-scheduled international air traffic services, and passenger rights, and their contribution to the commercial international air transport market.
- Identify the common traffic rights utilized in international air transport and how they contribute to the smooth functioning of the global air transport market.
- Describe State’s responsibilities for different forms of airport ownership and best practices of good corporate governance of airports.
- Identify appropriate forms of economic oversight of airports to protect passenger and other end-user interests while achieving a balance between the interests of airports and public policy objectives.
- Explain regulations and ways to maximize key airport operations.
- Become familiar with the use of best practices in economic and financial management to attain an airport’s strategic goals, and to improve the transparency, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of airport services and infrastructure.
- Recognize the capacity and the degree to which non-aeronautical activities contribute to the revenues of commercial airports.
- Course Introduction
- Module 1: International Air Transport Services
- Module 2: Market Access
- Module 3: Airport Ownership, Control and Governance
- Module 4: Economic Oversight of Airports
- Module 5: Airport Operations
- Module 6: Economic and Financial Management of Airports
- Module 7: Non-aeronautical Activities at Airports
- Final Exam
Primary Target Population
Primary target audience:
CAAs and airport officers and managers with the function of government and regulatory affairs:
- Airport General Manager/ Executive Director
- Airport Finance Directors, Managers
- Airport Marketing and Commercial Managers
- Airport Operations Directors, Managers
- Airport Consultants
- Civil Aviation Authority Officials.
Secondary target audience:
This course will be helpful for professionals in their early career development in the air transport industry or government civil aviation regulatory agencies.