Fitness to Fly - A Medical Guide for Pilots - ENGLISH ONLY
** Now available in digital and print format **
Print - $39.99
Digital - $29.99
The medical guide every pilot must have!
Fitness to Fly – A Medical Guide for Pilots is a preventive-medicine handbook that is easy-to-read, motivating and educational, with engaging content, graphics and charts to empower you to limit your health risks and set your own goals and strategies to maintain fitness to fly and a balanced lifestyle.
This guide was developed by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in collaboration with the International Federation of Airline Pilots’ Associations (IFALPA) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA). It is focused on the health risks pilots face during their careers and the medical recommendations that help them mitigate those risks.
This handbook is intended to close the gap between pilots’ medical requirements in order to fly and the preventive measures that can help them fulfill those requirements. The recommendations contained in this guide are also applicable for cabin crew, air traffic controllers and anyone working within the aviation industry.
This book will help you:
• Understand the most common health issues facing pilots today
• Learn how to reduce major risks to mental and physical health
• Manage your nutrition, sleep and medication for optimal flight performance
Start a healthy lifestyle today!
Digital versions of ICAO publications are protected by security features and require Adobe Reader. For information on how to install Adobe Reader please visit https://get.adobe.com/reader/
• Files are in PDF format
• You will receive a user name and password to access the publication
• Your access entitles you to updates of this edition for a period of 5 years
• Annotations and copy and paste is permitted
• No editing of the original content is permitted
• Printing is not permitted