USOAP CMA Phase 2 - Personnel Licensing and Training (PEL): Online
Please note that the USOAP CMA Phase 1 course is a prerequisite for taking any Phase 2 USOAP CMA courses.
Course Access: Please note that your access to this course is limited to 3 months, starting from your registration date.
The Personnel Licensing and Training (PEL) online course assists aviation experts in preparing for Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programme Continuous Monitoring Approach (USOAP CMA) activities, particularly in audits within the area of Personnel Licensing and Training.
The Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programme (USOAP) Continuous Monitoring Approach (CMA) provides a mechanism for ICAO to collect and analyze safety information from Member States and other stakeholders in order to identify and prioritize appropriate oversight and monitoring activities to be carried out by ICAO.
The Personnel Licensing and Training (PEL) online course will enable you to gain knowledge on auditing techniques to be applied and enhance your competencies in the area of PEL related to USOAP. The course focuses specifically on identifying Protocol Questions, developing related auditing techniques, and exploring key documents and guidance material.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the essential content of Protocol Questions (PQs) in the area of Personnel Licensing and Training (PEL)
- Become familiar with Chicago Convention Annexes and guidance material related to PEL.
- Annex 1and 6
- ICAO Documents 9379 / 9835 / 9841
- Discover key information to seek and review frequent shortcomings to verify during a USOAP CMA audit in the area of PEL.
- Demonstrate auditing techniques and methodology in the area of PEL.
- Course Introduction
- Section 1: State’s Legislation Regulations for the PEL System
- Section 2: Establishing a Personal Licensing System
- Section 3: Processing of Licenses and Ratings
- Section 4: Medical Assessment
- Section 5: Evaluation and Testing of Aviation Personnel
- Section 6: Language Proficiency Requirements
- Section 7: Certification and Surveillance of Approved Training Organizations
- Section 8: Licensing of Aircraft Maintenance Technicians / Engineers / Mechanics
- Practice Quiz
- Course Summary
- Final Exam
Primary Target Population
- Prospective ICAO auditors and ICAO Coordinated Validation Mission (ICVM) experts
- State aviation safety personnel who neither have a nomination letter nor meet the criteria to become potential USOAP CMA auditors yet wish to enhance their competencies
- Experts working for the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB)
- Other aviation industry professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge in one of the audit areas related to the USOAP CMA
|Course duration||6 hours|
|Training area||Flight Safety and Safety Management|