Unmanned Aircraft Systems Regulations (UASR): Online
CAA Personnel ($200)
Receive a 10% discount on this course once you proceed to checkout.
This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Valid until 31 December 2021.
Course Access: Please note that your access to this course is limited to 3 months, starting from your registration date.
Unmanned aviation affords States unique opportunities, from new ways to deliver life-saving materials, to monitoring wildlife, to supporting disaster management and more. The rapid advancement of these technologies poses unique regulatory challenges. In this course, you will explore ICAO's role in developing the Model UAS Regulations as well as the global regulatory framework developed by ICAO to support certified RPAS operations alongside conventional aircraft, including in international IFR environments. You will apply this knowledge to compare the application of these regulations by different States and consider expert recommendations for future regulatory development.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Describe the foundations and features of ICAO's UAS Model Regulations, a starting point for the development of domestic UAS regulations
• Compare other States' UAS regulations and explore an in-depth example from the Rwanda CAA outlining the development of its regulations, and work with key stakeholders and partnerships, including ICAO
• Consider the future development of domestic UAS regulations and what issues remain to be addressed
• Describe ICAO's role in supporting RPAS international IFR operations
• Identify key learnings from Transport Canada and how they can be applied in other States
• Reflect on future considerations for the development of international UAS regulations
The course has the following modules:
• Course Introduction
• Module 1: Model Regulations - Overview
• Module 2: Model Regulations - Case Study
• Module 3: Model Regulations - Moving Forward
• Module 4: RPAS - Overview
• Module 5: RPAS - Case Study
• Module 6: RPAS - Moving Forward
• Course Summary
• Key Terms, Abbreviations and Acronyms
• Resource Materials
|Course duration||2 hours|
|Target population||Civil Aviation Authorities, Member States, Aviation Industry Professionals|
|Training area||Flight Safety and Safety Management|