Safety Management for Practitioners (SMxP): Virtual Classroom
CAA Personnel ($950.00)
To obtain the CAA Personnel price, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to validate your identity and receive a discount code.
Prior to completing your online purchase on ICAO Store, participants must be registered to the course and your registration approved by ICAO. Click on the corresponding language to complete your course registration in EN, SP
This course is available in English and Spanish
- Safety Management for Practitioners (SMxP) - Virtual Classroom
- Gestión Práctica de la Seguridad Operacional (SMxP): Impartición Virtual
Note: Successful completion of the Safety Management Online Course is a prerequisite to register to this course.
Purpose of the Course:
The SMxP Virtual Course focuses on Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance. It aims to provide qualified Safety Management System (SMS) staff with a comprehensive application of operational safety management processes and practical examples on the use of IT tools to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of safety management activities.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards following a systematic and consistent approach;
- Mitigate safety risks following a systematic and consistent approach;
- Manage changes to the system in a safe manner;
- Assess safety reports through a safety screening and internal investigation;
- Prepare a safety audit/survey for assessing performance of the process;
- Design a safety performance monitoring scheme.
Service provider staff working for an air operator, approved maintenance organization, design/manufacturing organization, aerodrome operator, air traffic services provider or aviation training organizations that are involved in the following SMS activities:
- Safety data and safety information collection
- Hazard identification
- Safety Risk Management
- Accident/Incident Investigations
- Safety data and safety information analysis
- Change management
- Safety audits and surveys
- Safety Performance Monitoring
Language: English and Spanish