USOAP CMA Phase 2 - Air Navigation Services (ANS)
Please note that the USOAP CMA Phase 1 course is a prerequisite for taking any Phase 2 USOAP CMA courses.
Course Access: Please note that your access to this course is limited to 3 months, starting from your registration date.
The Air Navigation Services (ANS) online course assists aviation experts in preparing for Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programme Continuous Monitoring Approach (USOAP CMA) activities, particularly in audits and within the area of ANS.
The Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programme (USOAP) Continuous Monitoring Approach (CMA) provides a mechanism for ICAO to collect and analyze safety information from Member States and other stakeholders in order to identify and prioritize appropriate oversight and monitoring activities to be carried out by ICAO.
The Air Navigation Services (ANS) online course will enable you to gain knowledge on auditing techniques to be applied and enhance your competencies in the area of ANS related to USOAP. The course focuses specifically on identifying Protocol Questions, developing related auditing techniques, and exploring key documents and guidance material.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the essential content of Protocol Questions (PQs) in the area of Air Navigation Services (ANS)
- Become familiar with Chicago Convention Annexes and guidance material related to ANS.
- Annex 2 - Rules of the Air
- Annex 3 - Meteorological Service for International Air Navigation
- Annex 4 - Aeronautical Charts
- Annex 5 - Units of Measurement to be Used in Air and Ground Operations
- Annex 10 - Aeronautical Telecommunications
- Annex 11 - Air Traffic Services
- Annex 12 - Search and Rescue
- Annex 15 - Aeronautical Information Services
- Procedures for Air Navigation Services (PANS)
- Discover key information to seek, and review frequent shortcomings to verify during a USOAP CMA audit in the area of ANS.
- Demonstrate auditing techniques and methodology in the area of ANS.
The course has the following sections:
- Course Introduction
- Section 1: State’s Legislation and Regulations
- Section 2: ANS – General and Oversight Mechanism
- Section 3: Air Traffic Services (ATS)
- Section 4: Instrument Flight Procedures Design (IFPD), Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) and Aeronautical Charts
- Section 5: Communications, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS)
- Section 6: Meteorological Services (MET)
- Section 7: Search and Rescue (SAR) Services
- Practice Quiz
- Course Summary
- Final Exam
Primary Target Population
- Prospective ICAO auditors and ICAO Coordinated Validation Mission (ICVM) experts
- State aviation safety personnel who neither have a nomination letter nor meet the criteria to become potential USOAP CMA auditors yet wish to enhance their competencies
- Experts working for the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB)
- Other aviation industry professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge in one of the audit areas related to the USOAP CMA
|Training area||Flight Safety and Safety Management|