Performance-Based Navigation for Air Traffic Controllers (PBN ATC): Online
Empowering Women in Aviation Price ($100)
For eligibility requirements, new and existing users must complete all fields in their account profile and the discount price will be automatically applied to their order. Promotion valid until 31 December 2021.
Receive a 10% discount on this course once you proceed to checkout.
This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Valid until 31 December 2021.
Course Access: Please note that your access to this course is limited to 3 months, starting from your registration date.
The course provides fundamental and most critical information necessary for Air Traffic Controllers to facilitate their understanding with respect to PBN.
The following five online modules cover:
1. Introduction. Goals and objectives. PBN Documentation.
2. Module 1: PBN. Airspace Concept. PBN Applications. PBN Navigation Specifications. Designation of RNP Applications. Sensors used for Area Navigations. Augmentation Systems.
3. Module 2: Airspace Concept Process: objectives; scope; what needs to change; Concept process-design. Airspace Core Team. ICAO Manuals.
4. Module 3: PBN and Flight Plan. PBN Requirements. Charting and Design Practice. Definition of Waypoint. Impact of Turn Performance. Fix Radius Paths. Type of PBN Procedure: Enroute, Terminal. Open and Closed STARs. PBN Instrument Approach NAV SPECS. RNP APCH. ADVANCED RNP. Forthcoming Changes to PBN Instrument Approach. GLS Approaches.
5. Module 4: ATCO Training. ATC Procedures. ATC System Integration. PBN and Separation Standards. Continuous Descent and Climb. CDO. CDO Design Options. Closed Path Design. Open Pathed Design. CDO and CCO Design Options.
6. Module 5: ICAO Definition of PBN. Benefits. Airspace Design. PBN Navigation Specification. Airspace Concept Process. Type of PBN Procedure - Terminal. ATC System Integrate.
After completion of this eLearning course, course participants will be able to:
•Examine Fundamental concepts of PBN;
•Define Airspace Concept and its components;
•Identify the role of ATC in the development of Airspace Concept;
•Use of PBN in ATS routes and instrument flight procedures.
Air navigation service providers; air traffic service providers and individual Air Traffic Controllers with guidance from the International Federation of Air Traffic Controllers Associations
|Course duration||5 hours|
|Target population||Air Traffic Control Officer|
|Training area||Air Navigation Services|