Performance-based Navigation (PBN) for Air Traffic Controllers Course (PBN-ATCO)
Course Access: Please note that your access to this course is limited to 3 months, starting from your registration date.
The course provides fundamental and most critical information necessary for Air Traffic Controllers to facilitate their understanding with respect to PBN.
The following five online modules cover:
1. Introduction. Goals and objectives. PBN Documentation.
2. Module 1: PBN. Airspace Concept. PBN Applications. PBN Navigation Specifications. Designation of RNP Applications. Sensors used for Area Navigations. Augmentation Systems.
3. Module 2: Airspace Concept Process: objectives; scope; what needs to change; Concept process-design. Airspace Core Team. ICAO Manuals.
4. Module 3: PBN and Flight Plan. PBN Requirements. Charting and Design Practice. Definition of Waypoint. Impact of Turn Performance. Fix Radius Paths. Type of PBN Procedure: Enroute, Terminal. Open and Closed STARs. PBN Instrument Approach NAV SPECS. RNP APCH. ADVANCED RNP. Forthcoming Changes to PBN Instrument Approach. GLS Approaches.
5. Module 4: ATCO Training. ATC Procedures. ATC System Integration. PBN and Separation Standards. Continuous Descent and Climb. CDO. CDO Design Options. Closed Path Design. Open Pathed Design. CDO and CCO Design Options.
6. Module 5: ICAO Definition of PBN. Benefits. Airspace Design. PBN Navigation Specification. Airspace Concept Process. Type of PBN Procedure - Terminal. ATC System Integrate.
After completion of this eLearning course, course participants will be able to:
•Examine Fundamental concepts of PBN;
•Define Airspace Concept and its components;
•Identify the role of ATC in the development of Airspace Concept;
•Use of PBN in ATS routes and instrument flight procedures.
Air navigation service providers; air traffic service providers and individual Air Traffic Controllers with guidance from the International Federation of Air Traffic Controllers Associations
||Air Traffic Control Officer
||Flight Safety and Safety Management