ICAO Government Safety Inspector - Personnel Licensing (GSI PEL): Virtual Classroom
CAA Personnel ($3225.00)
To obtain the CAA Personnel price, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to validate your identity and receive a discount code.
Purpose of the Course:
The course provides personnel licensing aviation safety inspectors with the competencies required to conduct specific safety oversight functions in accordance with ICAO’s Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs), Model Civil Aviation Regulations (MCARs), and technical guidance.
After having successfully completed the GSI PEL, participants will be able to:
- Establish and maintain a CAA PEL system;
- Obtain knowledge testing services from an outside provider;
- Manage a knowledge testing system;
- Evaluate a license application for completeness and accuracy;
- Determine if an applicant is eligible for the license sought;
- Administer, grade, and document the results of knowledge tests;
- Conduct flight crew license skill tests;
- Conduct maintenance technician skill tests;
- Determine the appropriate document to be issued based on the skill test results;
- Validate and convert foreign licenses; and
- Suspend or revoke a license.
- Module 0: Introduction
- Module 1: ICAO Licensing Obligationsee
- Module 2: The PEL System
- Module 3: Medical Certification Process
- Module 4: Designate an Aviation Medical Examiner
- Module 5: Examining Principles: Knowledge, Skill and Language Proficiency
- Module 6: Deciding to Develop and/or Obtain Licensing Tests
- Module 7: Conduct Application Phase: Determine Application’s Acceptability
- Module 8: Conduct Evaluation Phase: Determine Applicant’s Eligibility
- Module 9: Conduct Demonstration Phase: Manage Knowledge Test Administration
- Module 10: Conduct Demonstration Phase: Manage FCL Skill Test Administration
- Module 11: Conduct Demonstration Phase: Manage AMT Skill Test Administration
- Module 12: Conduct Issuance Phase: Issue Appropriate Document
- Module 13: Validation and Conversion of a Licence
- Module 14: Surveillance of Licensed Aviation Personnel
- Module 15: Compliance and Enforcement Action
This course is designed for CAA licensing office staff, such as: flight crew licensing operations inspectors, maintenance licensing inspectors, and licensing officers or administrative licensing staff.
Participants are required to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.