Fitness to Fly - A Medical Guide for Pilots
Notes for digital publications
|ICAO publications in digital format are protected by security features and require Adobe Reader. How to install Adobe Reader|
- Files are in PDF format
- Annotations and copy and paste is permitted
- No editing of the original content is permitted
- Printing is not permitted
- Access is for a single user (contact us to purchase a multiple user licence)
- Your username and password to access the publication will be the same to access the ICAO online store
* For customized versions and bulk orders, contact us
The medical guide every pilot must have!
Fitness to FlyA Medical Guide for Pilots is a preventive-medicine handbook that is easy-to-read, motivating and educational, with engaging content, graphics and charts to empower you to limit your health risks and set your own goals and strategies to maintain fitness to fly and a balanced lifestyle.
This guide was developed by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in collaboration with the International Federation of Airline Pilots Associations (IFALPA) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA). It is focused on the health risks pilots face during their careers and the medical recommendations that help them mitigate those risks.
This handbook is intended to close the gap between pilots ™ medical requirements in order to fly and the preventive measures that can help them fulfill those requirements.The recommendations contained in this guide are also applicable for cabin crew, air traffic controllers and anyone working within the aviation industry.
This book will help you:
- Understand the most common health issues facing pilots today
- Learn how to reduce major risks to mental and physical health
- Manage your nutrition, sleep and medication for optimal flight performance
Start a healthy lifestyle today!
|Edition||1st Edition, 2018|