ICAO English Language Proficiency Interlocutor/Rater Initial Training (ELPIR)
The course will enable ICAO English language proficiency Interlocutors/Raters acquire and apply the required competencies to objectively assess and rate the language proficiency of pilots and air traffic controllers using standard criteria so that ICAO Language Proficiency Requirement is consistently and uniformly met without compromising safety of flight and affecting the professional life of pilots and air traffic controllers negatively.
After successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Prepare to test;
- Conduct test;
- Rate a recorded speech;
- Complete rating reports.
- Module 0: Introduction
- Module 1: Preparing to Test
- Module 2: Conducting Test
- Module 3: Rating Recorded Speech
- Module 4: Completing Rating Reports
- At least three years of experience as air traffic controller, pilot or English language expert, and
- Certificate of ICAO English language proficiency of at least Level 5 (Extended).
Primary Target Population:
- Potential interlocutors/raters (pilots, air traffic Controllers and language experts) with English language proficiency of at least ICAO Level 5 (Extended) and a minimum of three years’ aviation operational or language testing experience, or both;
- Existing interlocutors/raters who did not take a standardized ITP/STP training before.
|Training area||Flight Safety and Safety Management|
|Location of course delivery||Virtual|