Designators for Aircraft Operating Agencies, Aeronautical Authorities and Services (Doc 8585/201)
Please note new editions are published quarterly as follows: January, April, July and October.
Notes for digital publications
|ICAO publications in digital format are protected by security features and require Adobe Reader. How to install Adobe Reader|
- Files are in PDF format
- Annotations and copy and paste is permitted
- No editing of the original content is permitted
- Printing is not permitted
- Access is for a single user (contact us to purchase a multiple user licence)
- Your username and password to access the publication will be the same to access the ICAO online store
The designators consist of:
a) three-letter designators for use on the international aeronautical telecommunication service and for aircraft identification by air traffic control (ATC); and
b) telephony designators for aircraft operating agencies and for authorities and services operating aircraft, which may be used as appropriate.
Parts 1, 2 and 3 consist of encode and decode tables linking aircraft operating agencies, aeronautical authorities and services with their assigned ICAO three-letter and telephony designators. Addresses of government civil aviation authorities are listed in Part 4.
|Edition||201st Edition, July 2022|