Aeronautical Surveillance Manual (Doc 9924)
3rd Edition, 2020
Notes for Digital Publications
Notes for digital publications
|ICAO publications in digital format are protected by security features and require Adobe Reader. How to install Adobe Reader|
- Files are in PDF format
- Annotations and copy and paste is permitted
- No editing of the original content is permitted
- Printing is not permitted
- Your access entitles you to updates of this edition for a period of 5 years
- Access is for a single user (contact us to purchase a multiple user licence)
- Your username and password to access the publication will be the same to access the ICAO online store
There have been increasing demands for more operating flexibility to improve aircraft efficiency and to reduce the impact of air travel on the environment. Aeronautical surveillance systems are major elements of modern air navigation infrastructure required to safely manage increasing levels and complexity of air traffic.
This manual has been updated by the Surveillance Panel (SP) as a reference document covering more recent and emerging techniques. The updated chapters provide the reader with a basic understanding of various systems and how they are used for air traffic surveillance while the updated appendices contain more detailed information on some of the specific systems and related topics. In the light of new developments and operational experience gained, the new edition provides new material, including practical guidance to help the reader understand the implementation of ground-based safety nets, I 090 MHz spectrum issues and proper management of 24-bit aircraft addresses associated with manned and unmanned aircraft.
|Edition||3rd Edition, 2020|