Designators for Aircraft Operating Agencies, Aeronautical Authorities and Services (Doc 8585/189)
Please note new editions are published quarterly as follows: January, April, July and October.
Digital versions of ICAO publications are protected by security features and require Adobe Reader. For information on how to install Adobe Reader please visit https://get.adobe.com/reader/
• Files are in PDF format
• You will receive a user name and password to access the publication
• Your access entitles you to updates of this edition for a period of 5 years
• Annotations and copy and paste is permitted
• No editing of the original content is permitted
• Printing is not permitted
The designators consist of: a) three-letter designators for use on the international aeronautical telecommunication service and for aircraft identification by air traffic control (ATC); and b) telephony designators for aircraft operating agencies and for authorities and services operating aircraft, which may be used as appropriate. Parts 1, 2 and 3 consist of encode and decode tables linking aircraft operating agencies, aeronautical authorities and services with their assigned ICAO three-letter and telephony designators. Addresses of government civil aviation authorities are listed in Part 4.